Labels

Friday, August 5, 2011

Level Up: Paotsin Has Just Gotten Bigger In Metropoint Mall

It's official! The storm Kabayan had finally left our country. And as strange as it may seem, I felt  positively re-energized just seeing the sun and the clear blue sky it had brought outside my window. I guess I finally have to admit that the presence of light after too much darkness brings hope to people. And to celebrate the return of the sun's ultra violet rays, I decided to share another fabulous lunch experience I had with this fast-food chain I found last Thursday!

I believe we all had those moments when we have to look at the same thing twice just to make sure we didn't get it wrong. This is exactly what happened to me as I was roaming around Metropoint mall looking for a place to eat. I was about to take the escalator when I passed something familiar. I shrugged it off, thinking it wasn't that much of an importance. But then I had this feeling like I just missed "something." And so I paused, and walk a few steps back only to see that one of my favorite fast-food chain Paotsin has finally turned into a big dining restaurant.




Maybe some of you guys already knew about this information. But for me to see something I used to frequent transformed into something as big as a restaurant was just really amazing. It's like getting re-acquainted with an old friend. All the good memories I had spent with my college classmates in Paotsin started coming back. I absolutely have no intention of re-living my college days but just for that day, I wanted to feel a little bit nostalgic.

Aside from my drama, I was freaking hungry as well! And normally, I would order my regular favorite hainanese rice (the green colored rice) plus a dumpling stick. But I felt like I wanted to try something new now that Paotsin had updated the menu list:

Paotsin, known to serve easy to cook Chinese foods, has now added special viands (ulam in tagalog) which customers can choose from and add on their special rice. Personally I feel like this is a great idea 'coz I, for one, have tried all kinds of dumplings Paotsin has to offer during the last four years of my college life. And I feel like I've already reached the point where I wanted something else than dumplings.

Speaking of special rice, Paotsin obviously wanted  new flavors and so they added seafood and lemak on top of their already famous hainanese rice

This, however, is something I haven't tried yet being this menu is new to me , but rest assured I've already written this on my must-eat in Paotsin when I return back.....(very soon!)



Of course dumplings which Paotsin has be known for will never be out of the menu....
I fancied lemak rice and shark dumplings for lunch. And I must say I didn't expect how crucial the role of my buko juice will be. I felt like I could have emitted fire from my mouth without it. The lemak rice looked relatively normal aside from it's yellow color and some spices mixed to it. But I was totally not prepared of how spicy it could get.


In case you're wondering, it cost me 55 bucks for the rice and dumplings while the buko juice (which saved me taste buds btw) had me paying an additional 20 bucks. So you do the math and the answer should tell you that it's totally affordable to in eat Paotsin. 

Before I end this blog, have I told you that the guy who took my order actually asked me if I wanted a receipt? He had me thinking twice but then I realized  if I don't ask for one, I'll be unfair to the millions of people who pay for their taxes.

Also I asked him if I could take pictures of the place and the food displays for blogging purposes which he easily agreed to but I was suddenly interrupted by another employee and they informed suddenly that it was against their rules to take pictures. When I asked to speak with their manager to explain my side, they weren't really cooperative.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed my lunch in Paotsin and despite the little awkwardness that happened I'm still going back to enjoy their Chinese cuisine. Check them out at Paotsin Specialties at the 3rd floor of MetroPoint mall space 310.

2 comments:

  1. very true! most affordable meal you could ever get :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks toffee!!! Kain tayo ni Pepper mint mo one day dyan..... i'm so looking forward to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete